All My Pics

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Not Quite Titanic

What's it like to feel unwanted
So alone (seriously, not just in my pathetic teenage way)
So desperate
So in need of something you probably already have?

What if you already know you're way too fortunate
And life has done you extreme good overall
And you know that you have no right to ask for more...

But you can't help but want it.
Because, as far as you can see, everyone else has it.
So why not you?
Why not?
Why not?
Why not?

We live in a hypocritical world -
Everyone demands that you give
When all the while they continue to take.

I've heard it a million times before
"Life's not fair."
Well, duh!
But it doesn't make it suck any less...

I was recently told
That if I could walk a mile in one's shoes
Then I could confirm to myself
That NO ONE has an idealistic life.

Yet they sure do a hell of a good job making it seem like it...
While I am incredibly obvious.
I wear my heart on my sleeve like a tattoo.
Even getting the tattoo removed leaves a scar.

If nothing else
I think something has got to go uphill at some point here.
So far, life in general
Has been a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnngggggggggg,
Ssssssssssssllllllllllllooooooooooowwwwwwwww,
And drrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaggging on
Almost like pulling off a Band Aid....

Right now
What would be real helpful
Is if someone could throw a rope
Down into this trench
So maybe my trembling, feeble hands
Could grasp it in just the nick of time.
Maybe I could even be pulled up...
If the one holding the rope is willing to put forth the effort.
~sleepinl8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Comment. Don't like it? Comment anyway.