All My Pics

Friday, January 14, 2011

Plateaus (Metaphor)

I know, I know, popularity is one of the most common wants of all teenagers. But I have been thinking about it way more lately. Partly because I want to get my crush's attention. And partly because I want to be seen as someone who deserves respect, and is independent yet very well liked by a lot of people. I want to appear as someone who knows what they are doing, what they're talking about, and is upbeat and observant. I don't care to get into a ton of drama, or be a queen bee (or anyone who is joined at her hip). I just want to be someone who everyone knows, many like, and who guys think are attractive.

It's not that I get completely walked all over and I'm at the bottom of the totem pole socially. Definitely not. I consider myself lucky compared to some. I have plenty of friends, and good, true friends too. But lately, my life has plateaued. Really, really plateaued. Not that that doesn't happen to 99.9% of the population, I just have this huge desire to go forward. In ways that won't help me in the long (very long) run, but would still make me happy - just because being happy makes me happy. And so the uplifting cycle goes.

So, I have been making big efforts to put myself out there with a different crowd (not bad, not at all, just different and, yes, more popular). So far, so good. In 6th period P.E. I met a ton of other girls who I know and always wanted to get to know better. Again - so far, so good. Guys? Err.... not much has changed. I flirted a lil' bit with my crush on Thursday in science, but I'm still convinced that he has taken to someone else, mostly. He used to seem to be really into me - I would catch him staring a lot, and he would always go out of his way to get my attention. Now, ever since winter break ended, his sights are set somewhere else. He still talks to me a bunch whenever he's near me; I just want to be a lil' better than the competition. She's my friend, so I wouldn't ever turn against her for a guy. I'm just glad she doesn't seem interested in him. Then my hopes would droop. But I make an effort to seem effortless - I'm not sure how well I pull it off, I know it's not too good; but, still getting there, as always. Which is fine, because that bends the line of the plateauing life upward.

Y'all come back now!
~sleepinl8

4 comments:

  1. i was at this stage before... it isnt fun but recently its coming to a hill (lol im trying to use landforms ;)) but yeah just always stay true to yourself its better to be hated for what u are than loved for what you aren't!! nice blogging btw :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks. that's really good advice. you seem like someone who would understand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, thanks for visiting my blog and your kind comments. Good luck with yours. In answer to your question, you just do this:
    go to the 'settings' tab on your dashboard, then 'comments' tab then write your comment message and save. Simples.

    ReplyDelete

Like it? Comment. Don't like it? Comment anyway.