All My Pics

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Mediocre



I found a snake in my yard today. I debated with myself whether to provoke it or not, and I thought, yyyeeaaaahhhhh, I should ;^). So here's me annoying this weird little snake on a Saturday morning. I'm not sure what kind it is. The dog found it (who else?). At one point I think it licked me.Yeah, don't ask.


All i did today was clean. Terribly exciting. But by making a story out of my day, I will try to reverse the sarcasm in that last sentence.

Procrastination. Crawling my way through less-than-desirable tasks like a snail. Quite a talent of mine. I hunched over and fondled the Swiffer duster, until my fingers lethargically coiled around it, and I 'hauled' it up the staircase. Entering my room, I see my dog curled up in a ball, strongly resembling the shape of a mini powdered doughnut. She gave me her stupid little doggie smirk that said "ah, what a wonderful day to be a dog. Poor sucker humans, haha." I barely brushed over the surface of my dresser, yet it still seemed to get a good amount of dust off. Wow, the commercials were right all along! I gazed at a picture of my best friend and I, several years ago, in South Carolina. I had just gone up to visit her and another close friend this month. I got myself thinking, "what happened? She seems so weird around me now. She never answers my calls or texts. I couldn't have done anything, because I was never clingy, annoying, or offensive. I am at a loss here." My eyes floated to another picture. "I remember when my brother's hair was that short," I recalled. "I wonder if he would compromise to cut it to that length from his current length past his butt, because I know he would never go any further than to his chin."

I began unpacking a bag I brought to school with speech props. One of the Krispy Kreme coffee mugs was broken at the handle. Sighing, I trudged downstairs to retrieve the crazy glue. It's really the only thing that works on most things. I ended up gluing my fingers together in the process - a predictable accident. Do you have any idea how much it hurts to have that happen? Kids, don't try this at home. Or anywhere else, for that matter.

I have decided to stop there because 1) I don't remember most of the rest of that day, and 2) even if I did, I'm not in the right mindset currently to be able to turn it into something that wouldn't have you snoozing shortly later. Plus I am really mad at Picasa Web Albums, Google Help, Blogspot, and all the blog doctor websites because they contain NOTHING helpful on how to get the video insert feature (the one available when you are editing your post) to work. Grr.
~sleepinl8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Comment. Don't like it? Comment anyway.