All My Pics

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

I had my moment.

Phew. I feel a bit better after getting all that off my chest last night. But since then I've become more secure with myself. The one thing I forgot and totally left out of the picture whilst pouring out the contents of my mind is how much time I still have. I have got to remember that I am still so young. Not even in high school yet - I'll just be turning 14 this month. The last thing I want to do is grow up too fast. Letting all those thoughts out made me realize just how tightly I am clinging to my innocence. Nothing gold can stay, I know, but nevertheless I will try my hardest to make it last.

Can I just say that poem is one that speaks to me more than any other? It's the story of my life. Reading it makes me feel... Closer to God, I suppose. The piece speaks of purity, innocence - life before it is hardened by knowledge and reality. It makes me think of Adam and Eve before they ate fruit from the tree of knowledge. Of young children unaware of and unexposed to evil. They get this baffled look on their faces when they hear of some horrible thing that someone has done, because they simply cannot fathom WHY or HOW it was done.

I think if the world could view itself through the eyes of a child, it would be in for a very rude awakening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Comment. Don't like it? Comment anyway.