All My Pics

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A day in D.C.

Just spent the whole day wandering the streets of DC with my fam. My grandma officially retired today (yay 4 her) and there was a big reception. My sister and I made fun of the typical "oohs" and "ahhs" and "awws" and "hahahas" that the crowd forced out at all the right moments. This was hilarious - one of th guys she worked with looked EXACTLY like Glenn Beck. I had a piece of cake, and I ended up with an upset stomach and a (very) upset mind. Then they suggested we go to a museum, which was nice. The only problem was that, in the mammal section, there was about 5 preserved dead kangaroo bodies following eachother to display rhe jumping motion of kangaroos. I thought "ummm... how many kangaroos do you have to kill to show that it's a freaking kangaroo lol!". Yes, this is the 21st century, thats what video is for, if you so desperately wanted to see a kangaroo jump. OK, i have made my point. Meanwhile, we headed down to a nice, classy grill. A bowl of mints sat on the counter near the hostess's desk, and I LOVE peppermints. So I made a beeline for the mint bowl, stuffed 16 mints into my pocket. Enough to last me 2 weeks and 2 days :). What, ya got a problem with that? I gotta take what's free, we're in a recession people! (lol jk). Anyways, we ate, then walked around all the monuments and political houses. I looked like a sherpa, I was all bundled up and at the point of "I can't put my arms down!" (love that movie). We hopped on the metro, and my sister and I were goofing around and being obnoxious. Apparently someone thought we were super cute, because this lovey-dovey couple in front of us snapped a picture of us. I was like "um, ok, that's not weird..." And, now, here I am. My day in breifs.
Happy new year make some good resolutions!
~sleepinl8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like it? Comment. Don't like it? Comment anyway.